League Forums

Main - League Help

HELP THREAD DISCUSSION

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
8/28/2022 11:05 am
The Help thread will remain locked for obvious reasons so I created this thread for anyone who would like to discuss or has questions about the Help forum.

Re: HELP THREAD DISCUSSION

By dangalanti
8/28/2022 6:02 pm
OK, I'll kick it off.

Question about the secondary. I know zone coverage doesn't work for DBs in the game, but is it better to go primarily man coverage only (say 80% of the time or more), or are 1 or 2 deep man coverage packages actually useful? Thanks to anybody who feels like answering.

8/28/2022 11:15 pm
I will answer this the best way I know how....I don't value zone defense in my player weights so therefore I call mostly man coverage defensive plays.

Any zone I actually use is mostly with my safeties so therefore I add zone attribute to my safety positions.

Since I rarely or simply don't use zone, I don't worry about it when doing my player weights which is a self-inducing prophesy.

As for if zone works or not....someone else will have to answer that!
Last edited at 8/28/2022 11:15 pm

By raidergreg69
8/29/2022 10:55 am
I remember Seth saying you want to choose defensive plays where all 5 WR are covered. In the Man Cover 2 you can see all 5 WR have a defensive player assigned to them where the 3 Deep Zone Under is just zone.

By dangalanti
8/29/2022 1:10 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
I remember Seth saying you want to choose defensive plays where all 5 WR are covered. In the Man Cover 2 you can see all 5 WR have a defensive player assigned to them where the 3 Deep Zone Under is just zone.

I'll have to take a deep look at that, but I think I've mostly got it covered. I've got a different league where my DBs were just getting roasted with big pass plays and high completion %, so I was trying to change things up. Of course now I'm giving up more runs since I dialed back LB blitzes, so it's a totally different issue.

Any thoughts on LB pass coverage? Taking away OLB flat zone which is kind of a defensive cheat code, in general do you prefer man or zone for LBs?

By raidergreg69
8/29/2022 1:55 pm
This is where making rules can help. On defensive running down/distance, you can narrow down which plays the AI chooses from.

As far as LB coverage, I should probably pay more attention. As long as someone is on all the WRs, idrc what anyone else does as long as they flock to the ball.

8/29/2022 4:01 pm
I value mam coverage for my MLB & SLB while I value pass rush for my WLB.

Once I select my defensive plays, I use overrides to make sure whatever LB position is in man coverage has decent man coverage and whatever LB is bltzing has decent pass rush..

You can also override CBs with high man coverage to play LB where a LB is covering a primary target WR3 or RB1