The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League Help

Contract Renewal Tool

By Brucehum
2/23/2022 6:03 am
Hello,

When I played 2-3 years ago there was a google docs sheet which helped calculate the renewal of players for the less possible cap impact.

As my team is 32 players and has almost no cap money after draft (!!) I will have to try and see if I can renegotiate with some players to make cap go down and be able to get more (cheap and bad) players to get a full roster.

I still have the google docs link to that sheet, but it is not working anymore (says #REF! missing). Does any one have a working version of that, or similar?

Re: Contract Renewal Tool

By raidergreg69
2/23/2022 1:20 pm
I never used that. I just offer a contract with 0% bonus so I can see what their minimum acceptable bonus is. Once you know the floor, slide the bonus to 75% and adjust the salary until you get the bonus money as close to the floor as possible without going under.

By slowtospeak
2/24/2022 5:28 pm
This won't help you beat the best, but it will at least make you competitive.
It's better than the Renegotiation Wizard, that's for sure:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q55KFbWqyfgSsc-A3uHfXlWR_yj9xSvKwOQ9dcYEofI/edit?usp=sharing

1. Put in 0% as the bonus amount.
2. Hit "Submit Offer." You offer will of course be rejected, but this will tell you the minimum bonus amount the player will accept.
3. Put the resulting bonus amount and the desired years into the spreadsheet. You can tinker with the length of the contract if you like. Just remember that if you change the length of the contract, the player's bonus demands will change.
4. Plug each season's salary back into the Renegotiate Contract Box.
5. Plug the Total Bonus back into the Manual Override section. If you reverse steps 4 and 5, the AI will "fix" your offer for you, and I guarantee you'll hate it.

Let me know if the link doesn't work. I'm kind of new to Google Sheets.

By Brucehum
2/25/2022 11:33 am
Thanks!