League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Smirt's shack

By Waitwut
3/05/2024 9:53 pm
Just saying JDB interface updates are pretty weak for being so long in the making. I mean truly guys, that is his 80% done. Can you say peaked? How about plateau. That’s what you’re seeing.

I’m not sure why everyone seemed so thankful for the snapshot of much of the same lol

Further, good luck with the subscription polling for next updates. This guy doesn’t know himself what to address, so leave it up to everyone who has zero sight on the issues within the coding hahaha.

The reason things break is because JDB himself cannot balance the game. He will not balance following next changes which will lead to something else breaking. His decision has been to remove or disregard rather than fix.

This is more than writing on the wall, there are sky writers, billboards and front page articles trying to tell you this.

Sad sad. Let’s see how long those posts can updated - I think they stop after about three months because progress stalls for one reason or another. If they do extend longer than three months then I’m betting it is because the interface is not released and he will just continue on about what he hopes to do, and what he thinks will work.

Finally - I hope JDB at least PM’d those in the post he shut down who had valid points. To me, him shutting that down for “bickering” was a way for him to stop the list of complaints he had heard for years from being revisited. Reading through it was really only a few trolls making the post into some type of other thing - CSB/witchhunter (volatile incel diaper baby)

Last edited at 3/05/2024 10:04 pm

By Waitwut
3/06/2024 10:14 am
I completely regress from this conversation for the next six plus months. I’m putting money aside in an escrow account, should JDB deliver I will subscribe for one year at the max subscription level.

When I say deliver, I mean it though. Not the UI either. 100% delivery focused on the actual engine - game play, player creation, coach enhancements, playbook development and variance between coaches, increased value to coaches, free agent contracts, player development, contract structure, trade meter and default weights, removing or modifying bogus attributes, increased admin options - thinking engine, season length, league size etc spoils all be options to admin. These highlight some of the most major issues with this game and all with varying degrees of “correction” required. There are more you’re all thinking as you read this.

These are the types of maintenance and corrections that require time and money. When JDB commits the time to even begin fixing, the money will follow. With that so will the users which means more money.

By ArmoredGiraffe
3/19/2024 6:52 am
I don't think I changed his position and I know I haven't changed my weights, did his rating go up for anyone else after declining the previous two seasons? https://xfl.myfootballnow.com/player/13530

By raidergreg69
3/19/2024 6:58 am
ArmoredGiraffe wrote:
I don't think I changed his position and I know I haven't changed my weights, did his rating go up for anyone else after declining the previous two seasons? https://xfl.myfootballnow.com/player/13530

Last edited at 3/19/2024 6:58 am

By Waitwut
3/19/2024 7:41 am
I see that too and in progression chart. That’s about how it should work for a subset o of busts. Wonder what happened here.

By ArmoredGiraffe
3/19/2024 8:49 am
Waitwut wrote:
I see that too and in progression chart. That’s about how it should work for a subset o of busts. Wonder what happened here.

Yeah as far as I was aware a player who busts continually busts until they reach their floor just like a player who booms continually booms until they reach their ceiling

By Waitwut
3/19/2024 11:26 am
ArmoredGiraffe wrote:
Waitwut wrote:

Yeah as far as I was aware a player who busts continually busts until they reach their floor just like a player who booms continually booms until they reach their ceiling

Agreed.

Back in madden 20 something or another, your player could bust but still progress season over season. It would obviously work out for some busts and not others in the long term. I like this concept because very few people play for ten years without even getting a modicum better. Except in MFN world a bust perpetually loses their top end - which makes me hate the coach aspect of the game.
Last edited at 3/19/2024 11:27 am

By Waitwut
4/07/2024 6:31 am
Thinking of things that don’t matter such as attendance. What about things that do matter..,, does anyone else ever want to know how many broken tackles aRB or WR has in a game/ season/career.

This is something that I have noticed since the beginning. There is a break tackle skill but nothing tracking it. Not visually at least. But I assume it is part of the roll when a ball carrier and defender collide.

By mlowe
4/07/2024 8:13 pm
I'd also like to see something like a high volatility player might get better or worse, even with potential, when changing teams or coaches. Happens all the time in real life.

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
4/07/2024 11:32 pm
mlowe wrote:
I'd also like to see something like a high volatility player might get better or worse, even with potential, when changing teams or coaches. Happens all the time in real life.

Honestly, every player that's a bust in rookie TC should have another shot to boom in years 2-4 TC.

Plenty of players are late bloomers or need several seasons to "get it".

In reality, very few rookies boom and have great success their rookie season.