League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 20th season off-season thread

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
10/19/2021 9:51 am
Wolveraider wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
Selfishly, I hope you stay in my 2 leagues (XFL & QUICK .but I get it Wolve.

Definitely staying in both of those and USFL....all well run leagues....the rest are up in the air.

I would love to see you win a title with Saint Paul this season, you have been on the verge for the last 4-5 seasons.....unless I make the title game then all bets are off!!! LOL

By Smirt211
10/19/2021 9:53 am
I'm over that AI fiasco now. I'd put forth my best game plan but I wouldn't be pacing into a fury to get myself amped to try and be unstoppable.

It'd be time to take the L to Wolveraider.

By Smirt211
10/19/2021 11:49 am
Oh, and he did this with me too - Admiral was right there to rub a loss in Infinity's face on a failed 2-point attempt at a league title game.

The game didn't involve Admiral. I never pop sh*t at a game result that I wasn't in ...getting joy from it. smh (NFL League)

any ways, I'm excited for training camp and re-adjusting my structure to the new rule layering.

By Blondie1977
10/19/2021 1:08 pm
I finally won my first Beta game 18-6 lol.

By MoonPygg
10/19/2021 1:38 pm
Can't wait to see how burgess and the rest of our rookies do in training camp. If burgess booms he becomes our franchise qb.

10/19/2021 2:21 pm
Imagine if booms or busts still happened in training camp but it was hidden so only through playing a player would you find out???

That's the NFL!!!

By Claymore
10/19/2021 4:08 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Imagine if booms or busts still happened in training camp but it was hidden so only through playing a player would you find out???

That's the NFL!!!

Preseason culling

By Smirt211
10/19/2021 4:17 pm
You know what Ray doesn't account for when he was on the war path for NFL realism is our effort levels, fun factor and motivation. I don't care about NFL Realism when I'm @ the Preseason Game #1 sim and it's time, baby to scout and align my over-rides to account for all the off-season changes.

For this effort level I want offense. What my New York Giants do on the football field is 0% effort level for me.

Me pulling up 2 tabs - 1 with offensive plays and the other with formation over-rides = 100% effort level for me.

He never gets that. Making passing offense weak as possible will only put me on that beautiful red button 'abandon' mission.

10/19/2021 4:31 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
You know what Ray doesn't account for when he was on the war path for NFL realism is our effort levels, fun factor and motivation. I don't care about NFL Realism when I'm @ the Preseason Game #1 sim and it's time, baby to scout and align my over-rides to account for all the off-season changes.

For this effort level I want offense. What my New York Giants do on the football field is 0% effort level for me.

Me pulling up 2 tabs - 1 with offensive plays and the other with formation over-rides = 100% effort level for me.

He never gets that. Making passing offense weak as possible will only put me on that beautiful red button 'abandon' mission.

I disagree.

Im here because this is a roster management simulation of NFL Football and I want to run my team fully as both an owner, GM and Head Coach.

I want some level of realism in the game!!

Winning 100-0 every game and throwing for 800 yards and 10 TDs a game...I would have quit a long time ago. Games close to that happen but rarely and it's typically an advanced owner facing either a brand new owner or someone tanking.

On average, 4.5 was pretty darn close to real football with slightly exaggerated passing, a little less running and horrible sack numbers unless exploits were used.

My main problem with 4.6 is the passing offense is so bad, it comes nowhere near the NFL while the running game and sacks were put on steroids.

But yeah, I don't want to play an arcade game here....if it's nowhere near the real NFL..I will depart eventually

By Smirt211
10/19/2021 4:41 pm
I want some sense of NFL realism, too.

What I'm saying is if I put together the perfect over-rides, structure and I really delve in but can't hit 300 passing yards in a game it becomes what is the reward for effort level if there's no stats to produce or strive for.