The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 20th season off-season thread

By Smirt211
10/21/2021 4:08 am
Alright, motivational objective time: avoid the GTR style offense. I peeped it in record-breaking land and it = a combo of GDB and Michael on steroids.

New obstacle course/rule. This Michael has to avoid the evil play counter and not get fired. :)

By Smirt211
10/21/2021 5:14 am
32/40 plays. I'm not going to get hit with the 'automatic, you're out of here' but I may need to adjust/tweak to pacify.

Only def and st over-rides remain. That's for later...

By Blondie1977
10/21/2021 9:57 am
I have the same 32/40 split. I’m going to try my existing rules on offense for the first two preseason games and go from there. Might have tinker around a bit.

By Smirt211
10/21/2021 10:07 am
LOL

Yeah. We're simpatico/on the same wavelength.

By Smirt211
10/21/2021 12:10 pm
That's always been my contention. Like CJ said I follow rules. But...but...but

when Rowan Atkinson and others had Paydirt convert at the snap of a finger to CJ's GM Rules and went from 0-100 MPH with no notice or True Fan's League Admin listened to IB and B.I.G. and even worse it was IMMEDIATE like bam - no WRs anywhere and all that sh*t - I deuced and stored it up as motivation for every single game I play.

By Blondie1977
10/21/2021 12:11 pm
I’m in TrueFans right now and it’s a **** mess. You have one team scoring upwards of 100 ppg

By Smirt211
10/21/2021 12:12 pm
They were scared and wanted me out of there. :(

What GM?

Chicago Bears, interesting. He got me a bit back in Beta...I want to say the 1 loss in my Victory 15-1 team when he was 2-3 months in. My eyes are on him; especially now.

It won't show but he was owner of the Freedom Monarx. He's clique'd up Beta - my vibe on it.
Last edited at 10/21/2021 12:46 pm

By Blondie1977
10/21/2021 12:58 pm
Yeah seems to have come out of nowhere. His roster is absolutely stacked in TrueFans. Six WRs above 92 speed.

By Smirt211
10/21/2021 5:52 pm
I looked deeper. He's an agenda pusher coming in hard and fast from a secondary account.

Someone new to the game would be going goo goo ga ga trying to figure out plays but he came in guns a-blazing and hard *** pushing IB type agenda: positions and weights.
Last edited at 10/21/2021 5:52 pm

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
10/21/2021 6:35 pm
Preseason starts tonight!!!

This is our last season using version 4.5 but our 20th season overall!!!!

Let's make it the best season yet and remember we instituted a new 25 offensive play call minimum.

For the newest owners...here are all league rules and settings!!!

3 weeks free agency
2 weeks late free agency
3 preseason games
Injury rate 90
Trade meter turned off

RULE #1 PUNT BLOCKS

Only players weighting 255 lbs may play ST RUSHER in the depth chart. Injury/depth exception. Anyone under 255 used at ST rusher must be under 80 speed.

RULE #2 DEFENSIVE LINE

Only players weighting 255 may play the defensive line. If due to injury a player weighting less then 255 pounds needs to be in the depth chart...their speed MUST BE under 80.

RULE #3 TWO WAY PLAYERS

Offensive players MUST play offense only....Defensive players MUST play defense only. Anyone can play special teams as long as the first 2 rules aren't broken.

RULE #4 NO WR AT RB

Wide receivers can't be in the depth chart at RB or used in overrides at RB. A RB must be a RB, FB or TE...No exceptions.

RULE #5 NO DB AT LB OR DL

Cornerbacks and safties can only play in the secondary. No defensive backs can be in the LB depth chart or placed there via overrides.. The linebacker position is for linebackers or you can use defensive linemen.

RULE #6 MINIMUM 25 OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLS

Every team must use a minimum of 25 offensive plays per game. I will be checking the average play usage every 4 games. Anyone averaging between 20-24 plays during any 4 week average will receive a warning. Anyone averaging under 20 plays during any 4 week period will be immediately removed from the league.

We will be transitioning to 4.6 next season and all rules will be removed while we all try to figure out the new version